Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC provides a wide range of services to individuals and businesses in a variety of industries. At Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC, we strive to meet each client's specific needs in planning for the future and achieving their goals in an ever-changing financial and regulatory environment. Our professional services include:
Late Filing Taxes – Even Years Late
There are many reasons people fall behind on taxes, or even don’t file their taxes. This is a very big mistake when it occurs because it can have serious repercussions. However, life takes unexpected turns and it can leave you behind in so many aspects. Therefore, Heemer-Klein is here to help you! Some of the many reasons that people don’t file their tax returns include:
- There was a possibility that you would owe taxes at the end of the year and the consequences made you afraid.
- You just simply lost your records in order to file them.
- Your ex was the person who originally filed your taxes and now you are getting a divorce.
- You are paralyzed by fear because you have fallen behind on so many years of taxes.
- You fear that you may poke the bear by investigating your situation and late filing taxes with the IRS.
Regardless of whether these situations have happened to you, taxes still need to be filed. It’s the law and it is a felony not to file them. Not filing them also makes your life far more difficult in the long run. It can cause many issues in the future.
- Buying a home requires that you’ve filed your tax returns.
- You need to file your taxes if you want health insurance on a health insurance exchange.
- If you want to file for a student loan aid for your child, you will need to have your taxes filed.
- Filing your taxes also reduces your vulnerability to identity theft by up to 50%.
- You may not be able to receive a passport if you don’t file your tax returns.
Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC CPA wants to provide services to help you through these issues. We understand how complicated late filing taxes can be. We have the experience and insight to understand what the IRS needs for your case. We can assist you with these services in many ways.
- We research and analyze your situation.
We will pose as the power of attorney for you. This will allow us to research your taxes online without contacting the IRS and drawing attention to your situation.
- We determine how many years need to be filed.
We will find out just how many years need to be filed. We will have the IRS records faxed directly to our office or we can download them from the IRS website.
- We will investigate whether the IRS filed for you.
In a case where the IRS has filed for you, it will create balances that are already due. You may even be an Offer in Compromise candidate. In this case, we may not be able to take the time to file for you, because you will have to settle the issue with them.
- We will address what you owe.
Once we find out what you owe for late filing, we can: prepare an Offer in Compromise, determine if you qualify for hardship status, or work out an installment agreement.
- We will find out if you are getting any refunds.
Due to the statute of limitations, you may not be able to receive refunds for certain years. We will find out if we can get you a refund for the years within that statute of limitations.
- Finally, we will create a plan for filing your taxes in the future.
We want to make sure you don’t run into future tax problems, so we will take the time to create a plan to avoid it. Whether it’s by remaining a sole proprietorship, handling the bookkeeping via QuickBooks, or setting up a corporation, we will assist you with the process. Let’s break the non-filing habit together.