Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC provides a wide range of services to individuals and businesses in a variety of industries. At Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC, we strive to meet each client's specific needs in planning for the future and achieving their goals in an ever-changing financial and regulatory environment. Our professional services include:
Individual Tax Preparation
Tax Prep Professionals in Warren, Sterling Heights, Richmond, and Troy
Nobody enjoys paying taxes but Heemer Klein has built its trustworthy reputation by providing accurate and timely return preparation.
There will always be those individuals that prefer to do things on their own with the hope of saving a few dollars. However, whether someone uses tax prep software or grinds away with a pencil, paper, and calculator, exposure to mistakes and missed opportunities often results in expensive mistakes.
The tax experts at Heemer Klein not only perform client work with expertise but offer clients true peace of mind with efficiency and accuracy.
Late Filer? Important Information for Individuals Filing Back Tax Returns
The tax experts at Heemer Klein can help clients if they’re prone to filing taxes late or possibly haven’t paid for several years. The following offers a few basic reasons why going alone with your taxes can lead to unwanted consequences with the IRS and the State of Michigan.
- Be prepared to face a failure-to-file penalty if you don’t meet the tax filing deadline. Reduce interest charges and penalties by filing on time. Heemer Klein may be able to arrange payment plans with the IRS for their clients if finances are tight.
- Late filing penalties and late payment penalties can accrue simultaneously. Filers should submit an extension or a late penalty will certainly ensue.
- The penalty for filing Federal and Michigan taxes late accrues monthly at a rate of 5% of the unpaid taxes for every month (or part of the month) the tax is late -- up to 25%. Federal penalties can be reduced as much as 90% with a timely filed extension.
- Penalties may be waived if you are able to show reasonable cause for not filing your taxes or paying late. However, proving reasonable cause can be quite difficult.
- If tax returns are overdue, the best advice is to pay them as soon as possible. Late payers will save on interest and late payment fees the sooner they square up with the government.
- Filers must claim tax refunds within three years of the return due date. If you find out you have a refund, it will be lost after the three-year period. Heemer-Klein will help you file your taxes as quickly as possible to potentially prevent you from losing that refund.
Here’s the bottom line. Go it alone and hope for the best. Or, you can contact Heemer Klein today to help you eliminate the stress of overdue taxes yet also save you money.
Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC: Your Experienced Tax and Accounting Firm in Michigan
Individual tax preparation doesn’t have to be a struggle. Heemer Klein has prepared over 75,000 individual tax returns since its inception in 1968. With locations in several Macomb County cities and a satellite location in Oakland County, expert tax prep help is never far away. Heemer Klein also offers the convenience of online tax preparation services through email or our dedicated tax preparation portal.
Skip the frustration of struggling with DIY software and avoid high fees that come with pop-up tax services. Our staff is prepared to help individuals and/or businesses in the vicinity of Warren, Sterling Heights, Richmond, Troy, and beyond. Simply contact Heemer Klein today at (586) 751-6060 or fill out our online contact form to discuss your business needs and schedule your free initial consultation.