Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC provides a wide range of services to individuals and businesses in a variety of industries. At Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC, we strive to meet each client's specific needs in planning for the future and achieving their goals in an ever-changing financial and regulatory environment. Our professional services include:
Individual Tax Preparation
No one gets excited about paying taxes, but Heemer Klein has built a trustworthy reputation through accurate and timely tax preparation. We’ll give you the confidence to be ready for when tax season comes around.
While there can be some value in taking care of things on your own to save some money, DIY tax preparation can carry a big risk. Whether you’re doing taxes by hand or using generic tax prep software, you are exposing yourself to possible mistakes and missed opportunities that can be expensive.
Give yourself peace of mind knowing that Heemer Klein’s tax experts are handling your preparation efficiently and accurately.
Late Filer? Important Information for Individuals Filing Back Tax Returns
If you’ve fallen behind on your taxes in recent years, our tax experts at Heemer Klein can help straighten things out. If you’re planning to file your taxes on your own, consider these consequences with the IRS and the State of Michigan first:
- Be prepared to face a failure-to-file penalty if you don’t meet the tax filing deadline. Reduce interest charges and penalties by filing on time.
- Late filing penalties and late payment penalties can accrue simultaneously. Filers should submit an extension, or a late penalty will certainly ensue.
- The penalty for filing Federal and Michigan taxes late accrues monthly at a rate of 5% of the unpaid taxes for every month (or part of the month) the tax is late -- up to 25%. Federal penalties can be reduced as much as 90% with a timely filed extension.
- Penalties may be waived if you are able to show reasonable cause for not filing your taxes or paying late. However, proving reasonable cause can be quite difficult.
- If your tax returns are overdue, our best advice is to pay them as soon as possible. Late payers will save on interest and late payment fees the sooner they square up with the government.
- Filers must claim tax refunds within three years of the return due date. If you find out you have a refund, it will be lost after the three-year period. Heemer Klein will help you file your taxes as quickly as possible to potentially prevent you from losing that refund.
Here’s the bottom line. Going alone is risky and may or may not work out in your favor. If you go with Heemer Klein, our experts will help you take care of your overdue taxes while saving you money.
Heemer, Klein & Company, PLLC: Your Experienced Tax and Accounting Firm in Michigan
Individual tax preparation doesn’t have to be a pain. Heemer Klein has prepared over 75,000 individual tax returns since its inception. With locations in several Macomb County cities and a satellite location in Oakland County, expert tax prep help is never far away. Heemer Klein also offers the convenience of online tax preparation services through email or our dedicated tax preparation portal.
Skip the frustration of struggling with DIY software and avoid the high fees that come with pop-up tax services. Our staff is prepared to help individuals and/or businesses around Warren, Sterling Heights, Richmond, Troy, and beyond. Contact Heemer Klein today at (586) 751-6060 or fill out our online contact form to discuss your business needs and schedule your free initial consultation.